1. Any of the following 4 names:
Alexander R. Brown
Alex B. Fridge
John W. Garrett
William G. Harrison
Benjamin C. Howard
2. Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (B&O)
3. D) 1827
4. Tom Thumb
5. C&O Canal and the Erie Canal
6. Baltimore needed to increase connectivity with the interior regions of the nation in order to support the trade of goods throughout Appalachia, American seaports, and international ports throughout Europe and the Americas.
7. Check all the locations out on our Baltimore google map.
8. Dessert Gelatin (a precursor to Jell-O)
9. The B&O railroad operated in the following locations:
10. B) 13
11. The CSX Corporation
12. Coal both fueled the steam locomotives and was also hauled as freight.
13. Sent from: US Capitol Building in Washington, DC
Received at: The B&O's Mount Clare Station in Baltimore, Maryland (now the B&O Railroad Museum)
Thomas C. Jenkins
Benjamin H. Latrobe
John H.B. Latrobe
Charles F. Mayer, Sr.
Francis B. Mayer
John V.L. McMahon
John B. Morris
Samuel F.P. Morse
Joseph W. Patterson
Philip E. Thomas